God's letting me know he's still there
Around 1:30 am this morning I was out on the front porch. Couldn't sleep again and was feeling bad. Heather was out there with me and we were talking about what we need to look at in the future for this situation. I noticed a young man, maybe 30 years old walking down the street. He was dressed nicely, Church clothes, as I would say. He waved, I waved back then he stopped and ask me a question. The questiuon I found kind of Odd at first because it seemed like a stupid question. The question was "Do you folks know alot about this area?",I said excuse me, cause I wasnt sure exactly what he asked. He then asked again and I said sure, and then I asked him what exactly was it that he wanted to know. He told me that he was trying to locate a locksmith ( and there are none in my neighborhood) that his son had broken the key off in the ignition of their vehicle. He then introduced himself as Rev something or other. I'm really not sure what his last name was because he was talking so fast. He seemed out of breath.
Then another question I wasn't expecting but was glad I could answer. He asked "Are you folks Christian people?" I then told that yes we were, and then he explained that he had the youth choir from his church with him when this happened and there were nine of them in all. They were from Laurens county ( probably 50 miles or so from where we are) and they were on their way back from Landrum ( probably 30 miles from where we are) from performing at the Landrum Baptist Church. He said that he had nine people and 7 keyboards with him and they needed to get back to Laurens county. I assumed that he wanted a ride, so I immediately started planning how we could get these 9 people and 7 keyboards to their dsetination. He then told me that he had already talked with a cab company and they would take them all plus the cargo but he was short on the money, $14.30 to be exact. He told me that he would leave me all his jewelry if I could help him out. I told him no thanks and went into the house to get him the money he needed. I cam back out gave him $40 in case they needed more. He greeted me witha a big hug. I then told him that I would give him a ride back to where the vehicle was, and he gave me another hug. Heather went inside and came back out with a cool drink to offer him because he was so tired from the long walk and she figured he may be thirsty. Well I took him there and we exchanged God Bless you's and as far as I know he's home right now.
I had a Dr.s' appointment with Dr. Lawrence this morning, and we had a pretty good discussion about where we are at this point. I told him that a man that lives down the street from me recommended Dr. Tracy to me and that he said he has helped him alot with his arthritis. So, Dr.Lawrence in a caring mannner said that he would refer me to him. He did, but came back with news of the appointment date as being on August 25th. Dr. Lawrence told me to call and ask to be put on a work-in list so that if any cancellations come up I might could get in sooner. Heather called and did that part as we left the Dr.s' Office. 1 hour later they call me and say that they can see my at 8:00 am tomorrow. I have no doubt that God wanted me on that proch last night and that because we did the right thing now Im able to see this Doctor tomorrow instead of August 25th. God has not given up on me, I need to learn to trust him more.
Thank you lord for all your many blessings that you've given me. Im sorry for my losing sight of the big picture. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
Then another question I wasn't expecting but was glad I could answer. He asked "Are you folks Christian people?" I then told that yes we were, and then he explained that he had the youth choir from his church with him when this happened and there were nine of them in all. They were from Laurens county ( probably 50 miles or so from where we are) and they were on their way back from Landrum ( probably 30 miles from where we are) from performing at the Landrum Baptist Church. He said that he had nine people and 7 keyboards with him and they needed to get back to Laurens county. I assumed that he wanted a ride, so I immediately started planning how we could get these 9 people and 7 keyboards to their dsetination. He then told me that he had already talked with a cab company and they would take them all plus the cargo but he was short on the money, $14.30 to be exact. He told me that he would leave me all his jewelry if I could help him out. I told him no thanks and went into the house to get him the money he needed. I cam back out gave him $40 in case they needed more. He greeted me witha a big hug. I then told him that I would give him a ride back to where the vehicle was, and he gave me another hug. Heather went inside and came back out with a cool drink to offer him because he was so tired from the long walk and she figured he may be thirsty. Well I took him there and we exchanged God Bless you's and as far as I know he's home right now.
I had a Dr.s' appointment with Dr. Lawrence this morning, and we had a pretty good discussion about where we are at this point. I told him that a man that lives down the street from me recommended Dr. Tracy to me and that he said he has helped him alot with his arthritis. So, Dr.Lawrence in a caring mannner said that he would refer me to him. He did, but came back with news of the appointment date as being on August 25th. Dr. Lawrence told me to call and ask to be put on a work-in list so that if any cancellations come up I might could get in sooner. Heather called and did that part as we left the Dr.s' Office. 1 hour later they call me and say that they can see my at 8:00 am tomorrow. I have no doubt that God wanted me on that proch last night and that because we did the right thing now Im able to see this Doctor tomorrow instead of August 25th. God has not given up on me, I need to learn to trust him more.
Thank you lord for all your many blessings that you've given me. Im sorry for my losing sight of the big picture. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home